Ref. No. F36/BK/13-01 Date: 17 August 2013
CONVOCATION OF ASSAM DON BOSCO UNIVERSITY
The Board of Management of Assam Don Bosco University has decided to hold the Second Convocation of the University on 21 September 2013 at 4:00 pm at the Azara Campus of the University (Airport Road, Azara, Guwahati – 781017).
His Excellency, Shri Janaki Ballav Patnaik, Governor of Assam and Visitor to the University will preside over the function.
Prof. AN Rai, Director of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council, has accepted to be the Chief Guest and to deliver the Convocation Address.
All graduating students of the University are encouraged to exercise the privilege to be participants in the Convocation Ceremony. Let us all join together to ensure that the Second Convocation of the University will a memorable event to be cherished by all for years to come.
Important guidelines for those participating in the Convocation:
1. Application forms for Convocation and Pass Certificates are available at the Reception Counter of the University. All eligible students are required to apply for Convocation and for Pass Certificate to attend the Convocation. Application forms are also available online at www.dbuniversity.ac.in. They may be downloaded, printed, filled in and sent with a DD for the requisite fees (in favour of “Assam Don Bosco University”, payable at Guwahati) to “The Registrar, Assam Don Bosco University, Airport Road, Azara, Guwahati – 781017”.
2. Gold medals will be awarded to the graduates with the highest CGPA in each programme and in each discipline (B Tech) provided they have a CGPA of 8.00 or more. The Chancellor’s Medal for standing first across the degrees and the Vice Chancellor’s Medal for outstanding contribution to campus life will also be awarded on the occasion. The recipients of these medals will be intimated personally.
3. A rehearsal of the Academic Procession and the ceremony will be held at Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology (the Azara Campus of the University) on 20 September 2013, at 3.00 pm. All those participating in the Convocation in person must attend the rehearsal.
4. On 21 September, the graduating students must register at the designated rooms latest by 3:00 pm and collect their gowns, caps and scarves (The distribution, however, will start from 2.00 pm onwards). They must be dressed and seated in the Auditorium by 3:30 pm. Late comers will not be granted entry into the Convocation Hall.
5. The gowns and caps must be returned to the designated rooms soon after the completion of the function and a receipt obtained for the same. Damage to either of these will attract a fine of Rs. 1500.00.
6. The scarves, specially prepared to mark the occasion, may be retained by the graduates as a souvenir of their participation at the Convocation.
7. Graduation Certificates and Transcripts will be available from the College Office after the convocation on submission of the receipt certifying return of the gown and cap.
8. Only official photographers will be allowed to take photographs during the ceremony. However, a photo booth will be available in the campus after the function for individuals and groups wishing to take photographs with the convocation dress.
9. Commemorative articles emblazoned with the University logo will be available for purchase from counters at the University premises.
10. Detailed instructions for the current students will be given in due course of time on the University notice boards.
Dr. Basil S Koikara